Åre is the Nordic region’s premier mountain destination and a top-rated international alpine resort with the best skiing north of the Alps. Situated in Sweden’s Jämtland district, the Åre valley features three distinctive ski areas each with a unique village character: Duved/Tegefjäll, Åre, and Åre Björnen.
Duved is a laid back village with outstanding skiing that attracts residents of the valley looking for the best runs.
Åre is the centre of the action with the largest ski areas, buzzing après-ski, superb bars and restaurants, exciting shopping and a wide choice of nightlife.
Björnen is a true winter wonderland for families with young children, created with kids’ dreams and parents’ needs in mind. Åre offers a variety of year round activities including outstanding lift-served mountain-biking in the summer.
- Resort Altitude400m
- Resident Population3,000 in the Åre Valley
- Annual Visitor Numbers450,000
- Total Guest Beds32,000
- Restaurants & Bars40 restaurants, 15 bars & night clubs
- Nearest AirportsÅre-Östersund (OSD) 100km; Trondheim Vaernas AirportNorway (TRD) 140 km
- Ski SeasonDecember to April
- Longest Vertical Drop1035m
- Ski Slopes100km
- Longest Run6.5km
- Cross-Country Skiing58km
- FIS Alpine Ski World Cup– December
- FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup – March
- Jon Olsson Supersession – April
- Åre Autumnmarket – October
Click here for more Åre events information.
For further information about Åre such as activities, accommodation, webcams, weather and brochure downloads visit Åre’s official website.
Click here for information on how to access liftpass discounts in Sweden.