Majestic peaks, glaciers so close you could almost touch them, and a vibrant blue sky: that’s the Saas Valley. Skiers and snowboarders will discover a fascinating mountain world which inspires and impresses visitors in both summer and winter. With their historic Valaisian wooden houses and rustic grain barns, the four communities of the Saas Valley have retained their traditional village character. With slopes stretching to altitudes of 3600 metres, skiers and snowboarders of all abilities will find guaranteed snow in the middle of spectacular scenery.
Saas-Fee sits at an altitude of 1800 metres in an idyllic valley, surrounded by the highest mountains in the Swiss Alps. Breath in fresh alpine air in this pedestrian-only village that’s surrounded – shell-like – by thirteen, 4000 metre peaks, earning its distinctive name “The Pearl of the Alps.”
- Ski Areas3
- Resort AltitudeSaas-Fee: 1800m, Saas-Grund; 1500m, Saas-Almagell: 1600m
- Ski SeasonNovember – May / summer skiing in Saas-Fee: June – November
- Resident Population3560
- Annual Visitors390,000
- Guest Beds14,400
- Restaurants & Bars115
- Vertical DropSaas-Fee: 1800m, Saas-Grund: 1640m, Saas-Almagell: 800m
- Ski Slopes145km
- Longest Downhill RunSaas-Fee: 9km, Saas-Grund: 15km, Saas-Almagell: 6km
- Cross-Country Runs32km
- AirportGeneva – GVA, 234km; Milano – MXP, 246km; Zurich – ZRH, 250km
- Ice-climbing World Cup – January
- Allalin Open Downhill Races – April
- Saas-Fee Raiffeisen Concert series – July and August
- Nostalgic Culinary Mile – September
Click here for more Saas-Fee events information.
For further information about Saas-Fee such as activities, accommodation, webcams, weather and brochure downloads visit Saas-Fee’s official website.
Click here for information on how to access liftpass discounts in Switzerland.